School districts in New York State are required by law to identify and maintain records. The Rockland BOCES Records Management Service provides the technical assistance necessary to establish and maintain a comprehensive plan that meets all New York State requirements.
These services include:
- An initial consultation to determine records management needs
- Digitizing of microfilm and paper records
- Access to digitized records through the Laserfiche Document Management System, which allows for the search, retrieval and management of the digital records
- Assistance in establishing a records management program to track records, determine retention periods, and classify, store and dispose of records according to New York State guidelines and regulations
- On-site records management services to maintain a records management program