Rockland BOCES has launched a community portal, enabling parents, students and community partners to sign up for email and telephone notifications regarding emergencies and weather-related delays and closings. (Rockland BOCES staff must manage their emergency notifications separately through WinCapWeb).
To sign up, log on to www.rocklandboces.org and click on Emergency Notification Sign-Up under Quick Links at the bottom right of the home page. To set up your account:
1. Click Sign Me Up!
2. Enter name, email and password
3. Check your email inbox for a message indicating that your subscription has been created. Click on the link provided to continue activation. You will need to log back in with your email and password.
4. Enter responses for Security Questions
5. Use the Add Email and Add Phone buttons to add/edit your email address and phone number(s)
6. Click Continue
7. Set Your Subscriptions
8. Set Your Preferences: How would like to receive your messages? (Choose Email and/or Voice only; Rockland BOCES does not send text messages)
9. Click Save
Parents, please note: Contact information entered into the Community Portal will not change information contained in student records. Updates to student records, including emergency contact phone numbers and email addresses, must be made directly through your child’s school.
As a reminder, information regarding Rockland BOCES delays and cancellations can also be found by:
• Checking the News & Announcements section at www.rocklandboces.org
• Calling (845) 627-4710 for a recorded message
• Tuning in for announcements on News12 or any of the following radio stations:
WVOX (1460 AM)
WRCR (1300 AM)
WFAS (1230 AM)
WHUD (100.7 FM)
Parents with students in district-based programs are reminded to check the status of the school district in which their program is located.